Jump to recipe
Summer time is here! Have you noticed? This time of year, I can’t help but crave the fresh yumminess of fruits and veggies. If you like strawberry spinach salad, you’ll love this recipe. As I’ve been compiling recipes for my THM-compatible cookbook, I knew I wanted to include this recipe! This really is the “berry best” strawberry spinach salad.
Berry Best Spinach Salad
Candied Pecan Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons butter (or refined coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 and 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 ounces fresh baby spinach - rinsed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 avocados, cut into bit-sized pieces
- 1 (5 ounce) package of blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- 6 tablespoons sweetener of choice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar free Dijon mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in pecans, sweeter, and salt. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake until lightly browned and crisp. Spread onto a sheet of parchment paper on the countertop and separate. Allow to cool.
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender and blend until combined. Pour into mason jar or other container and set aside.
- In a large bowel, combine the spinach, onions, strawberries, and blueberries. Just before serving, add the avocados and pour about 1/2 of the dressing over the salad and toss. Allow it to set for a few minutes before adding more dressing, if needed. Top with cheese and candied nuts. Enjoy!